RSM Australia is one of Australia’s leading professional services firms.
Comment in response to the Royal Commission
- The Interim Report from the Commissioners has identified a number of issues that will result in increased regulatory imposts and significant impacts for Facility Owners, Boards & Management, including:
- 1/ Increased governance risks and compliance exposures for Directors and Management
- 2/ The requirement for deeper understanding of the balance between client service, cost and compliance drivers for optimised outcomes
- 3/ Labour and skills supply will be a continuing a problem without improved funding and training support
- 4/ Merger and Acquisition activity will increase due to economies of scale required to cover elevated internal and external compliance costs
- We are already working closely with clients who are alert to these impacts to better position themselves to respond positively to the next wave of changes.